|iDMU for Regional and Business Aircraft |
The iDMU is comprised of five major assemblies:
- AMP2: The AMP2 receives data from external aircraft systems via ARINC 429 broadcast busses, 717 inputs (Bi-phase) and discrete inputs. The ACMS generates reports based on specific triggering conditions in the aircraft data. It provides data recording capabilities to external QAR and/or internal PCMCIA card and programmable reporting functions. The AMP2 also establishes communication with several external devices via dedicated ARINC 429 busses for the purposes of transferring reports, message or display information.
- APX3: CMCIA and Ethernet interfaces.
- Power Supply: The iDMU power supply operates from the aircraft’s 28 VDC power. The power supply is capable of tolerating an up to 200 millisecond power interrupt, without any adverse operation and transparent to the software. A power interrupt greater than 1000 milliseconds will cause a cold start and an interrupt between 200 and 1000 milliseconds will cause either a warm or cold start.
- Motherboard The motherboard provides interface between the AMP2 processor, the power supply, and the ARINC connector card.
- ARINC connector card it provides interface between the motherboard and the Input/Output signals.
- Power Consumption: Less than 32 Watts.
- Connector: ARINC 600
- Enclosure: 3 MCU
- Weight: < 10 lbs